Monday, August 15, 2011

My Grandmother Died, I feel something...

My paternal grandmother made her transition yesterday (my stepfather's mother).  I know our spirits are eternal and only her human body has perished.  She is truly free, enveloped in peace, love, and wholeness.  Still I have been feeling something all day.  I can't put a name to it.  As I made travel plans and informed my employer and others who needed to know I'd be out of town, I felt something inside.  I have not cried, because I know the truth of her life.  It is not sadness.  She had her 95th birthday just last week.  It was a long-life with lots of love.  Yet I feel something.... 

My guess is I need to do some forgiveness work.  Forgiving myself and releasing that I could have been a better granddaughter - called more frequently, visited more frequently, sent more pictures, just been better.  I love my grandmother and appreciate all she did to support me and my siblings throughout our lives. I am thankful for the love and pride I know she always carried for me.  I am thankful for knowing her and I am thankful for the peace she is now.  So there it is, I feel forgiven and thankful.  I love you Grandma.  Talk to you later.

No comments: